Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back... ish...

It's been awhile, I know. My life has been... complicated, and it's taken some time to get back to a point where I could actually sit down and try to put my thoughts in any sort of cohesive format - but I think I can start to do that again so here goes!

As I sit here I am at a place in my life I honestly never thought I would be - and yet, it is the most comfortable I have been in my own skin in a long time. The last year was full of chaos - the dissolution of my marriage, a very long distance move (for me anyway), the start of a new relationship and a surprise pregnancy. Good and bad, every experience I have had has set me on the path that has brought me to where I am now, and where I am now is an amazing place to be.

I sit at my computer today - a place I have sat a million times before - 7 months pregnant and more concerned about preparing correctly and reading all sorts of material than the now almost trivial things I used to pass my time contemplating. This isn't to say I don't still contemplate those things - because I assure you, I do - they just take a back burner position these days.

I don't necessarily have a "plan" for this blog as such. Mostly I want to document my journey (which I should have been doing from day one but better late than never), so it will likely ramble through baby talk and other randomness. For those of you who choose to read along - I, as always, appreciate any feedback.

Baby Time Update:

Woke up this morning around 4am, not by my usual need to go to the bathroom, drink a gallon of water, or have a snack, but by a raging sore throat and ear ache. Managed to get back to sleep around 6:30am until around 8am then got up to research solutions only to realize that aside from Chloraseptic which only masks the pain, there is nothing I can take for a sore throat. I've been sipping on hot lemon tea all day which works fantastically as long as I'm sipping on hot tea - as soon as I stop drinking it the pain comes back. Oh well, I can't really complain. Other than the first three solid months of terrible "morning" sickness and off and on sciatic pains in my right leg, my pregnancy has been blissfully easy.

Random Gripes:

They're remaking Nightmare on Elmstreet??!! Seriously, I guess I shouldn't be surprised - they seem to remake absolutely anything these days rather than come up with anything the slightest bit original. I know there are no "new" ideas but at least TRY. I know that the original Nightmare was no Oscar winner (not that "Oscar winner" means good by any means - some Oscar winners are steaming piles themselves) but it was a horror classic and the trailers look like garbage. No one other than Robert Englund should ever be Freddy - 'nuff said.


I'd say that's a good start for the day. Off to read to the baby!

No comments: